April 20, 2012

Snippets

Top three things of my day: 

1. My co-worker brought me rennet. What is that, you ask? Actually I have no idea, but it's an essential ingredient in MAKING CHEESE. I cannot explain how excited I am. And that will only be made even better by anticipation over delayed gratification--I work until Wednesday. But when Wednesday comes...

2. Think of the word "burly." Now picture a man epitomizing that adjective, complete with straw hat and beyond-walrus mustache, as he lumbers over the cheese cooler beside where my now-very-familiar cheese-cutting location at work lies. He is carrying both a "Healthy Choices" cookbook--and a 15 lb log of colby cheese, as well as three smaller cheese selections. The man himself, dirty jeans, cowboy boots, and beefy worked-hard hands, was epic enough; the rest of the situation completed his awesomeness.

 3. My fantastic husband had a most delicious gumbo on the stove by the time I got home from work, and he had the (albeit dubious) culinary genius to substitute rhubarb for celery. It really does look about the same, so why not? Like I said, faaaaantastic.


Things like these help me find the joy in life.

Please keep giving me the eyes to look for them, God.

No comments:

Post a Comment